Sunday 25 December 2011

Now Wearing...

Before the holiday break, I went to my company's holiday party at Willis Tower, formerly known at the Sears Tower. I was excited to step foot in one of the world's tallest buildings and celebrate with my coworkers.

I dressed for the occasion with an Aqua dress I picked up from Buffalo Exchange a few months ago. I generally don't like satin dresses because the shine can add a few pounds, but I was attracted to the shape and use of hot pink and cobalt blue. And in the spirit of being festive, I wore a big red bow from Forever 21 and my biggest (and favorite) cocktail ring from Sorrelli.

Because I suffer from extreme klutziness, I sprained my ankle the day before the holiday party, slipping on wet floors on the walk to work. It all worked out though. If it hadn't been for the sprained ankle, I probably would have worn pumps and not realized how much I love my new Dieppa Restrepo oxfords. I picked these up earlier this month at sample sale hosted by a handful of Brooklyn designers. This patent pair is not as comfortable as the other pairs by Dieppa Restrepo, but compared to heels, they're wonderful.
 
Dress - Aqua
Cocktail ring - Sorrelli (new & similar style from Sorrelli here)
Bow headband - Forever 21 (similar)
iPhone case - Rebecca Minkoff x Casemate
Green satin clutch - 1950s vintage
Patent oxfords - Dieppa Restrepo
 

Looking down on Chicago from the Skydeck at Willis Tower
 

No comments:

Post a Comment